MPA Enterprises Ltd believes that to succeed in the current business environment it is essential to be responsible members of the community in which we trade. At the centre of our ethos is the desire to protect the environment for future generations.
We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance, by monitoring progress against strategic targets and objectives on a regular basis.
Our aim is to reduce the impact of our business on the environment and will encourage our customers, suppliers and members of the wider community to join us in this effort.
Our policy is to:
- Wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Minimise our waste and ensure 90% of waste is recycled.
- Minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non-renewable.
- Operate and maintain company vehicles, (where appropriate), with due regard to environmental issues, as far as reasonably practical and encourage the use of alternative means of transport and car sharing as appropriate.
- Provide a service to our customers to accept their old electrical equipment when they purchase a new item of the same or similar type for recycling.
- All electronic or electrical waste will be sent to a Approved Authorised Treatment Facility (AATF).
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community.
- As far as possible purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same.
- Assess the environmental impact of any new processes or products we intend to introduce in advance.
- Promote the use of public transport.
For any issues related to the Environmental Policy or WEEE Policy linked to this business please contact:
Telephone: 01702 202318
Unwanted electrical equipment is the UK’s fastest-growing type of waste.
Many electrical items can be repaired or recycled, saving natural resources and the environment. If you do not recycle, electrical equipment will end up in landfill where hazardous substances will leak out and cause soil and water contamination – harming wildlife and human health.
We can help.
We are pleased to offer our customers the chance to recycle their old electrical items when purchasing a new item from us. Please speak to a member of staff for details on how to dispose of your Waste Electrical or Electronic Equipment (WEEE).
Crossed out wheeled-bin symbol
To remind you that old electrical equipment can be recycled, it is now marked with a crossed-out wheeled bin symbol. Please do not throw any electrical equipment (including those marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol) in your bin.
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations 2013
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive requires EU Member States to maximise separate collection and environmentally friendly processing of WEEE. In the UK, distributors (including retailers) are required to provide a system which allows all customers buying new electrical equipment the opportunity to recycle their old items free of charge. As a responsible retailer, we have met these requirements by offering all customers buying new electrical and electronic equipment free take-back of their old electricals on a like-for-like basis.
We have specially allocated disposal bins for niMh batteries and one for lithium batteries. We are happy to recycle your old batteries for free when you purchase a new one.